Turning In

Turning In
Faith is believing in your possibility

Saturday, October 2, 2010

The Journey


Awareness is the first step, once you are aware you can make changes; consciousness begins with awareness; mental, physical, and spiritual.

The “Journey On” relaxation exercise allowed me to let go of my thoughts, and intentionally immerse myself; mind and body into the experience of letting go, and relaxing. Allowing my mind to consciously participate in the exercise was not easy at first; distractions of comparison and expectations, I had to let go of how it should be, and what I already know about relaxation, before I could experience the fullness of being completely relaxed. This was a good mental practice at being intentional, and changing my mental, and physical state.   

4 comments:

  1. I think you explained the difficulties most people have at first when trying to focus their mind on to a particular task. Outside distractions prevent us from centering in on our own thoughts and emotions. Once we can overcome these distractions we are able to re-train our minds to focus on the what our body and mind needs to center itself.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Joan,
    Thanks. It was a good practice of intentional. All my opinions and thoughts about meditation exercise were dumped.This is why I found it success. It was relaxing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Joan,
    I think you are right! Awarness is the first step to making changes. We all need to sit back and do a self assessment to see what our true wellness is. The exercise was hard for me at first as well. I am not used to taking time to myself. I really enjoyed it, and I am glad you did too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hollo Joan,
    You know you just hit the right point about being aware of what is going own is the first step and then everything falls in place. But at times people tend to refuse or fight the facts of being aware. May be say at times we become sturborn and do not want things that flow step by step because they seem time consuming. I believe I am one of those people. I am always on the go. Each time I try to meditate I end up having my thoughts wandering all over, but, I will keep on trying. Thanks for your help

    ReplyDelete