Turning In

Turning In
Faith is believing in your possibility

Sunday, October 10, 2010

The first step


We will never discover new grounds; have new experiences, unless we are willing to lose sight of the shore; willing to do some things differently.
Psychological, Physical and Spiritual health assessment
Assessing my A:-physical well-being, B:-spiritual well-being, C:-psychological well-being on a scale 1 to 10 (ten being optimal well-being).
Psychological = 7, Physical = 8, Spiritual = 8.
GOALS
Psychological: To alleviate unnecessary suffering in my life, live to developed my health, happiness, and wholeness, and practice skillful actions daily.
Physical: Develop my capacities of my mind-body connection.
Spiritual: Develop a practice of sitting quietly each day, and meditate on loving kindness for myself and all of life.
Activities or exercise to be implemented: sit quietly each day for no less than five minutes, practice loving kindness in my thoughts, my speech, and my actions, practice skillful action daily.
My experience after listening to: “The Crime of the Century”.
In preparation for the meditation I consciously chose to let go of what I already knew about meditation to absorb the new experience fully. I chose to come from the context of Loving-kindness, and use my breath as a guide to surrender to the directions that were given.
 The mental exercise introduced a different awareness of my present being; mental, physical, and spiritual.  This experience is the foundation of cultivating a new level of consciousness for me.
When the student is ready, the teacher will come.
  

4 comments:

  1. Joan,

    You are doing all the right things to improve in these areas.I appreciate your point on improving speech, thoughts, actions and practice skillful actions. It is important to acknowledge each one of those aspects and apply them.

    Regarding the "the crime of the century" exercise, I found it very beneficial. I really enjoy any time of meditation that will at least bring me to a different level of consciousness. Really enjoyed it.

    Maria,

    ReplyDelete
  2. Joan,
    That is great that you were able to learn a new level of awareness from the relaxation exercise. That is great. I was impressed with the high numbers for your reflections. That is great. I would love to be able to rank my own areas that high however I have some work to do. Sounds like you have some great goals for yourself as well. How did you reach those numbers? I am open for suggestions. Thanks and have a great week

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Ann, I grew up in a Christian community and attended church for most of my young life; my mother was Baptist and my father Jehovah witness. I spent the better part of my child hood studying the Bible, as I grew older I started searching for my purpose in life, I knew that there was more to life than I already knew so I studied some pop psychology, yoga, read the Bhagavad Gita a couple of times, I also read some Wayne Dyer, Eckhart Tolle, Deepak Chopra, Ken Wilber and many others, I watched “the Bleep” several times, I was really searching… Somewhere along the way I discovered that happiness came from within and that we are here to live a full happy life while supporting others in doing the same. I also worked as a nursing assistant for a while, where I grasped a deeper sense of life and death… I chose to be the clearing for love, happiness, and health, as a possibility for myself and my life.

    ReplyDelete